Eskja’s Equal Pay Policy
Eskja’s Equal Pay Policy (EPP) is an inseparable part of our remuneration policy and covers all employees of Eskja. The EPP shall comply with relevant criteria of Equal Pay Policies in accordance with ÍST 85:212, chapter 4.2. Eskja is in compliance with the gender equality statute nr. 150/2020 which lays out goals and actions which ensure all employees of the company the rights laid out in article 6 of the statute.
Salary decisions at Eskja shall be based on the nature, responsibility, and scope of the work carried out by each employee, as well as taking account of the employee’s knowledge, skills, and experience. It is our policy that all employees, who do the same work or equally valuable work, enjoy the same salaries and benefits and that there will be no gender gap. Definitions on salaries and benefits are found in article 2 (subsection 9 and 10) and article 19 of the above-mentioned statute. Eskja is in compliance with all relevant laws, regulations and collective agreements in effect at each time. Salary decisions shall be transparent, objective and well reasoned.
In order to enforce the EPP Eskja is committed to document, implement, maintain and continually improve the administration of the EPP is concordant with the ÍST 85 standard and to determine how its conditions will be fulfilled. Eskja has implemented processes and predetermined criteria for use in determining salaries so that each employee is remunerated according to the value of their work and without reference to their gender, sexual orientation or other immaterial factors.
Eskja is committed to:
• Implement a certified Equal Pay Salary system, documented and continuously improved.
• Comply with all relevant laws and regulations in effect at each time.
• Categorise all jobs in the company according to challenge level and to conduct an annual salary analysis to discover if there exists any unexplained gender pay gap.
• Present the results of the salary analysis to all employees as they pertain to a gender pay gap.
• React to any anomalies with continual monitoring and improvement.
• To conduct an internal survey of all documentation pertaining to the EPP at an interval of no more than three years.
• Conduct an annual governance survey.
• To publish the EPP on the internal website and to present it to all employees.
• To make the EPP accessible to the public on Eskja’s website.
The CEO is responsible for implementation of the Equal Pay Policy.
Agreed by the Board of Directors on April 26 2021.